Friday, July 11, 2008

Itty Bitty Nitpicking Complaint

On a historical note, the term nitpicking comes from the middle ages when people not washing their clothes would have to pick the little nits (bugs) from their clothes. So that's what I am doing here: picking a little nit.

I was watching Burn Notice on the USANETWORK.com until they took it off the bloody online feature yesterday, three episodes short of me finishing the first season in preparation for the second season premiere yesterday. Amy watched most of the first season but I never had, for some reason. I got into it, hopefully another show for us to get into together. I was three episodes short of catching up--I had been watching for about a week.

Then something dawned on me.

Burn Notice season one was only twelve episodes. I know, from watching online and the little counter in the play box, that each episode is roughly 41:53 long. The last episode of Star Trek I watched online was 50:23. And there were well over 24 episodes in each Star Trek season. I've also been watching, don't ask me why, the classic Battlestar Galactica online at NBC.com. The last episode of that I saw was 48:46.

Are we losing show? Do you notice that an hour's programming now contains 18 minutes of commercials?

That's one good thing about watching these things online.

No comments: