Sunday, November 18, 2007

The Land of Lincoln

It's possible that I've gotten more boring since moving back to Illinois. Somehow, there's no sense of the exotic that has been my life since movingout to Seattle and then to Nome, Alaska. However, that isn't the case. Maybe I am just normal living here in Normal, Illinois.

So this weekend, Amy looked at the Pantagraph online site for stuff to do this weekend. She found a small town craft fair about an hour away down south of us. We stuffed the kids in the car and drove down to Mt. Pulaski and Lincoln.

We had the privilege of touring the Mt. Pulaski courthouse. This is where Abraham Lincoln himself started practing law. Up here, we walked on the same floorboards that our sixteenth President walked on. The nice lady that talked to us about the site, as well as let me go up behind the bench, talked about how Lincoln worked in this room.

Now if that isn't a sense of being special, of being exotic, I don't know what is.

No comments: