Saturday, March 03, 2007

Iditarod begins

Today marks the start of the 35th Iditarod sled dog race. We watched a bit of the ceremonial start in Anchorage on the TV today. The official start is tomorrow, and that will make them finish usually 9-10 days after the start, which should be March 13 or 14. I will be active then due to spring break that week. I plan on taking a ton of pictures to always remember this Iditarod.

I am rooting for Lance Mackey. Of all the mushers we met last year, he seemed the most personable. He was neat and generally awed that I snapped a specific picture of him to have signed.

I am looking forward to spring break. Man, February never seemed to end. February had 20 school days out of the 28 (we were in school for President's Day to make up for a snow day) and March will only bring 15 (not including two days for Parent/Teacher conferences).

No comments: