Saturday, March 31, 2007

Cross your fingers

The Governor of the State of Alaska is here in Nome today. They are putting on a Governor's Ball that is the talk of the town.

It is March 31 and it snowed today. The weather is warmer, 25-30 degrees. It still looks like a winter wonderland. Funny part is that the sun doesn't set until after 10:30 pm.

I have a really good job prospect I am working on in Illinois, with a district that has really impressed me for what it is accomplishing and how it holds school. So cross your fingers.

We are planning our trip to Illinois rabidly. We fly out May 31 to Seattle. We will spend a month visiting with relatives there, waiting on the barge to bring our car. Then it is off across the country, my fourth cross-country trip. Although this one is different: I am bringing my family home to Illinois.

We are going to stop at Silverwood theme park in C'oeur d'Alene, Idaho. That will be fun for the kiddies. We are going to stop and see Devil's Tower in Wyoming and Mt. Rushmore in South Dakota. I want to stop at Wall Drug in South Dakota, too, this time. Then I am torn. The directions through those map-sites on the web tell me to drive east through Minnesota and Wisconsin and then south into Illinois as the quickest route to my folks' house in Somonauk, Illinois. Before, I went south, skirting Nebraska (never actually got into it) and then east through Iowa. You know, I've never been in Minnesota before so I may just do that this time, just to say I've done it.

Hopefully, I will have a job in Illinois before we leave. Cross your fingers.

No comments: