Monday, February 12, 2007

The Seven Wonders of Illinois


The Illinois Bureau of Tourism is taking votes on the Seven Wonders of Illinois on the website http://www.enjoyillinois.com. I am interested in this as the place of my birth and what everyone else thinks of Illinois.

I was born in Evergreen Park, Illinois, at Little Company of Mary Hospital. There's a bit of trivia for you. My mom grew up in Worth. We lived in Bolingbrook or that area through my eighth grade year and then we moved out to Somonauk. I spent a lot of time in that area and the western suburbs. I have been through most major cities, only once down to Springfiled on an expedition with Hal and Britt to get a video game. I went all the way down to Southern Illinois University once, where I got my tattoo. I graduated from Western Illinois University out in Macomb. My first year I went to Northern Illinois University. My sister graduated from Eastern Illinois University, so I have been most every place.

I am interested in the rest of the state so I will be keeping a close eye on this.

No comments: