Saturday, December 16, 2006


When I saw the video last night for Weird Al Yankovic's "White and Nerdy," you wouldn't believe how hard I laughed at this spot. He goes into a back alley and buys from a seedy character a brown bag filled with a bootleg copy of the Star Wars Holiday Special from 1977. Ahh, apparently, I am the epitome of this song. I remember buying a copy of this same bootleg, minus the homegrown video sleeve, at the 1992 Comicon with my buddies Scott and Brian. We thought it was such a cool find, especially when it has the first appearance of Boba Fett in a cartoon, well before he was seen in Empire Strikes Back. Yes, we cringed at the singing Bea Arthur, but I think we were trying to be completists. I guess I am just "White and Nerdy." Now I have documentation of this. For Weird Al to put this in here is just the funniest and most appropriate thing ever. Absolutely classic. See the whole video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xEzGIuY7kw

No comments: