Monday, December 11, 2006

Sick, ill

I have been out of it for a few days. Friday, I couldn't wait for the school day to be over, to come home and crash. I had that bone weary head cold that caught up to me. I even came home an hour early on Friday.

The rest of the weekend was not terrible but it was not good. I just couldn't shake it and didn't want to move too much. Good thing there was nothing going on this weekend to miss. I had, and still have, this horrible pressure in my ear and sinus area that feels like I flew somewhere and could never pop my ears.

Feeling no better at 6:30 am today, I made a decision that I couldn't do a full day at work. I called in for a sub. I was right because I felt horrible again about 10:00 am, actually sleeping straight through until 1:00 pm.

Hope to be better tomorrow. It was a good day today because the sophomores just started their new Inside Writing workbook called "Sentences and Paragraphs." The seniors are just working this week on a perfectly MLA-formatted essay on A Midsummer Night's Dream. So I would have been doing just a bunch of watching students today anyway.

Maybe I should have gotten that flu shot last month...

No comments: