Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Happy Break



Boy, was it COLD this morning here in Nome. Negative 16 degrees, with a wind chill that is still currently -26.




Other than that, we've been playing a lot of "Brarbies," as Madison says Barbies. I became very good at removing all her new Barbies from the packaging, which includes a ton of twisties and other things that hold the doll up in the box. I've also become pretty good at dressing a Barbie doll, something I've never done before. Action figures never had much clothing changes. The girls also received a new Barbie doll house from Santa. That means a ton of fun picking up all these new Barbie accessories!


Personally, I must have been very good this year. I received the Complete The Thin Man Collection (all the Thin Man movies starring William Powell and Myrna Loy as Nick and Nora Charles--I LOVE these movies) and the Alfred Hitchcock Masterpiece Collection featuring all the cool later movies of his career. I think now I have most of Hitch's stuff.


Amy received her really nice slippers from Maruskiya's downtown, made of sealskin, caribou and beaver. They're really nice and warm, almost too warm, she says.


Morgan received her new 1GB iPod. Amy and I are now fighting over her Shuffle.
And we are enjoying a break that lasts until January 8th. Ahhh.

No comments: