Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Author comes to Nome


I had the pleasure of having Jim Burnett, author of Hey Ranger!, come and talk to my second hour senior class. Since that class is actually called English IV Writing, I thought it would be neat to have a real author talk about getting published and that what we learning in class was really valuable after high school.

He was incredibly informative and interesting to listen to. The main point was that hopefully some of the kids would start writing NOW as opposed to waiting until years and years later.

Thanks, Jim.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Matt -

Thanks for the nice post about the book and my talk. I've been really impressed by what I've seen going on in the schools in Nome during my visit here. Keep up the good work inspiring these students!

Jim