Tuesday, August 22, 2006


Today was one of those days in teacher inservices that I remember what the penguins say in the movie MADAGASCAR. "Smile and wave, boys. Smile and wave." Just sit through it. One of those days where I probably could have gleamed all the info off a quick little manual. We learned about the new writing and reading curriculum stuff we bought. I am excited for that stuff. If I had had this writing stuff last year my job would have been a cake walk, so I am glad to implement that this year, on top of the cool lit stuff I will get to do. Then the second half of the day I was in a dark and stuffy computer lab learning the new PowerSchools attendance and grading system. I wish they would stagger these classes per computer ability. Some people in the room, and these are high school teachers mind you, don't know a lot about a computer. I mean, to the point where we had to tell them what a folder for the application was and what a web address was and where to type it. I really like the new program. So I am extremely happy about the actual MATERIAL we received today, but the delivery could have been better.

No comments: