Monday, August 07, 2006

I have...


I have graduated from Somonauk High School, Class of 1991.
I have a bachelors degree from Western Illinois University.
I have seen the winner of the Iditarod cross the finish line at 1:30 in the morning in Nome, Alaska.
I have seen a Cubs game at Wrigley Field.
I have seen White Sox games at the old and new Comiskey Park.
I have seen Blackhawks games at the OLD Stadium.
I have seen a Mariners game at Safeco Field.
I have seen Ben Folds Five in concert (opened by Train).
I have seen Big Ben and Parliament.
I have seen Mount Saint Helens.
I have been to Tijuana. Twice.
I have ridden a camel at the San Diego Zoo.
I have seen Wilco in concert, once in Chicago and once in Seattle.
I have been to Disneyland.
I have seen the Corvette Museum in Kentucky after driving with buddies all night to see it.
I have gotten a speeding ticket in Montana for doing 100 miles an hour.
I have tasted fresh crab at Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco.
I have seen the Jayhawks, Belly, and Matthew Sweet in concert for free in Chicago, at that time, the busiest the park had ever been.
I have been to Barrow, Alaska. Twice.
I have seen a Seahawks game at the old Kingdome.
I have seen Shakespeare's Birthplace. Twice.
I have spent the night in Butte, Montana.
I have gotten a tattoo in Carbondale, Illinois.
I have been to Portland, Oregon.
I have seen the Venus de Milo statue.
I have driven to Wisconsin Dells for a vacation with friends.
I have been to Phoenix, Arizona.
I have seen Bob Dylan and Paul Simon in concert. Together.
I have been to the top of the Eiffel Tower.
I have seen the graves and monuments in Westminster Abbey.
I have stood atop L'Arc de Triomphe in Paris.
I have literally touched three oceans: Pacific, Atlantic, and Arctic.
I hit a bucket of golf balls in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
I have been to Dillingham, Alaska.
I have seen John Hiatt in concert.
I have walked the cobbled streets of Brugge, Belgium.
I have never, not once, taken an illegal drug.
I have been to Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
I have seen the Roman ruins in Koln, Germany.
I have been to Blackpool Tower in Blackpool, England.
I have been to Anchorage, Alaska.
I have seen Stonehenge for myself.
I have been to Universal Studios and Knott's Berry Farm in California.
I have seen the White Cliffs of Dover from a ferry on the English Channel.
I have seen the Mona Lisa with my own eyes.
I have touched the Space Needle in Seattle.
I have seen Mount Rainier.
I have dipped my hands in the Rhine River in Germany.
I have been to Orlando, Florida.
I have used my first credit card ever at Ron Jon's Surf Shop in Florida.
I have seen Chris Isaak in concert.
I have been to the top of the Sears Tower and did a "Ferris Bueller."
I have driven to Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada, just to see Bryan Adams in concert.
I have been to Bethel, Alaska.
I have seen the Hollywood sign with my own eyes.
I have seen Mount Rushmore.
I have seen Devil's Tower in Wyoming.
I have driven through the small country of Luxembourg (well, actually, Dad drove).
I have spent the night in Murdo, South Dakota.
I have ridden in a bus from Illinois to Florida.
I have personally driven cross country between Illinois and Seattle three times. So far...
I have also seen the very first glimpse of my daughter even before she took her first breath in this world.

That last one is tough to beat.

No comments: