Thursday, July 20, 2006

A Second Email Address??...

We've been getting some coffee from the Boca Java website. We wanted some good gourmet coffee and as long as we were going to pay Nome prices for Folgers, we thought we'd see what we could get. The coffee was good, but after a few months of ordering under their Connosieur Club, we realized that the additional shipping and handling charge for delivering to Alaska was just too much. (Why there was an additional charge, I still don't know. It all came by regular mail. But we have found that other websites also have Alaska restrictions.)

I called up to cancel a few weeks ago. Said I loved the coffee but can't take the hit on the shipping charge. I honestly thought they would just waive the fee for me to keep my business but no.

Then we got a new $30 charge yesterday. I called again to ask them what the heck was going on. They said that there was a second email address under my account. Something like mb@youme.us. I have never heard of anything like that before. I emailed that address and it bounced back immediately as undeliverable. I made sure that there were no other physical addresses but ours here in Nome.

I'm kind of peeved about this. The woman on the other end of the line had no idea what was going on either. I actually think she thought that I had the two email addresses and was making this all up. Cancelling apparently is not cancelling to them. I'm mad that they charged my account--and I never got an email confirmation. Must have went to that other bad address.

So watch out.

No comments: