Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The less I know

My capstone class for my master's degree thesis started last night. It is damn daunting, I tell you. They say the papers average a good 45 pages and is supposed to take two months. It actually says to take some paper already written for the master's and expound upon it. Quite frankly, I don't think anything I have written is worthy of expansion.

I thought about trying that topic that Mrs. Lehman gave me way back in high school but never had the time or situation to really do it on my own. Trace the stages of the acceptance of death based on the research of Dr. Elizabeth Kubler-Ross' book On Death and Dying through the series of Tennyson poems labeled In Memoriam. That would work here. However, the instructor said I have to do some quick research to make sure it hasn't been done already. Ugh, if that one doesn't work, I don't know what else to write on...Everything possible has been done already on Shakespeare. Maybe something with Salinger? I wish they had a bloody list of topics and topic starters. They don't.

At least it should all be over by June.

No comments: