Monday, March 20, 2006

Over the next few days...

Over the next few days, I will be putting up some pictures of the Iditarod Awards Banquet that Amy and I went to last night. We were at the Wells Fargo sponsor table so we were right down front for a great view.

Today I get to have the Iditarod Teacher on the Trail come in to show a presentation to my second period class. Hope to get some pictures there too.

Saturday night some of us guys in the apartment building finally started a poker night. We plan to do it bi-weekly. While no pictures were taken that was a lot of fun. Got to crack into my poker chip set that I won at the Safeway Christmas dinner.

Lots of pictures to come.

This week I have to start the fourth quarter. I can't believe it is fourth quarter already. School gets out right before June. The kids now have to start their research paper process. We are going to be choosing topics this week on Alaskan issues and possible solutions. Topic choice will probably take a whole week here. We are going to concentrate on the PROCESS of writing it, including sources, citing those sources, paper set up, etc. I almost do not care about the final product here but the work it takes to get to that final product. Gotta get them ready for high school. Research papers are a must. Learning how to do a research paper is sometimes skipped.

No comments: