Monday, February 20, 2006

Inservice

Two days of this. Two days.

I am not against teacher inservice days but I do wish they were used wisely. This is an opportunity to really show us teachers all of these teaching techniques that really work. But they simply lecture. Show us! Inspire us! Mold us and shape us into these fantastic teachers that you keep asking us to be. These two days could really be presented to show us some fantatic teaching strategies. And you lecture to us.

It's not just here. They did the same exact thing at Bremerton. And the same exact thing at South Kitsap.

Inspire us. An hour on Inhalant Abuse Prevention where we just read Power Point slides? Stats, stats, stats. Tell us what to do about it.

My name should have been Matt Bitcher.

But I want to be inspired. I really do. I just can't come up with all of this stuff on my own.

Like the SmartBoard training. I really would like to use it and learn more about it. But I know there will only be one at the elementary school and one at the high school. I'll never get to use it consistently. I can't even sign up for the computer lab half the time!

Show me how to incorporate one hell of a lesson using the SmartBoard to teach a lesson about Inhalant Abuse. That would be awesome. Get me to do something just like you would have me get the students to do something. It was right there. Right there.

Lunch is almost up. I have to go back.

No comments: