Thursday, December 29, 2005


I remember in the 1970s and early 80s when the Voyager probe took all those pictures of Saturn because my mother would always show me those pages specifically. I think I can attribute quite a bit of my love for space to her. Mom always helped me open my imagination. That is probably why I am more of a dreamer than most other people. And I thank her for that because realism only goes so far--true intelligence must be blended with creativity. This is a picture of Saturn's moon Mimas seen with Saturn's glorious rings from the Cassini probe. I remember way back with those old papers that my mom showed me that they discovered more than just the couple of rings around Saturn. There are new pictures out there every day now, from Hubble and Cassini and others, that show deeper clarity than anything we have ever seen before. It is a little hobby of mine to keep up on these pictures.

No comments: