Saturday, October 01, 2005


They are STILL talking about this! Peter David, one of my favorite writers ever, and Erik Larsen of Savage Dragon fame (Image comics), are still throwing punches at writers and artists working for the big two, Marvel and DC, as opposed to creating their own stuff. The main meat of this argument is that Erik Larsen has said that he and the Image people were "holding back" because the stuff that they were doing wasn't owned by them. I'm sure they were still well supported monetarily. The funny thing is that I don't see the history backing up Larsen's claim. Image comics are now in the two for a dollar bin whereas Marvel and DC stuff, some written by Peter David, is still being re-published in trade paperbacks to support demand. Is Larsen still "holding back?" If not, where was all this great work that we should have heard about? Erik Larsen, I think you owe me money back for those few issues of Savage Dragon that I did buy way back in 1993.

No comments: