Wednesday, August 31, 2005

I ain't missing you at all

I don't have my buddy yet. Every year I have always managed to find a buddy at school to sort of talk to and bitch with. My first year at South Kitsap I had Kevin Herington, my next year at Bremerton High I had Steve Corda, and last year at the Freshman Academy I had Karen Kinney. I really miss them. I think Karen and I got along the best, especially when you threw in the wonderful Mrs. McKenzie and Mr. Sisk. Lunch was always always the high point of the day. I haven't found that yet.

It may be across the hall. Last night there were musk ox on the hill behind us, less than a mile away. Patrick Callahan took Morgan and I up in his truck to take some pictures. I will have some pictures to post later. Pat said we got closer than he had ever been. We got to see a small herd of about 8 musk ox less than 30 yards away. It was amazing. So he took us up there, through some really dense trails in the car, and showed us around. There is some real history here, if you look. He told us that the original Nome gold strike was right at Anvil Creek, about a mile from the high school and our apartments.

I have to get my pictures developed. (I am apparently too cheap for a digital camera although I used to spend almost $4 for a latte back in Seattle--that is a part of my psyche that I don't understand.) I have five rolls that I need to send off to that York processing.

No comments: