Saturday, July 30, 2005

Busy day today

We rented a Budget 17-footer today to move crap. Amy and I are really downgrading all these...possessions, these accumulations. It's a good thing. We have gotten rid of so much. We gave a lot to one of Amy's coworkers with no husband and two kids (she works as a receptionist at Supercuts), so it goes to a good cause. Amy's mom took our bedroom dressers.

I even got rid of four boxes of comic books.

It's great to start fresh. I did save two boxes of comics. I couldn't part with my Superman or Justice League ones, ones I read over and over. I realized I wasn't reading those X-Men. They were just sitting there. So I gave four boxes of comics to kids. (I did manage to sell some through eBay--a Captain America lot went for $41 and Astonishing X-Men #1-10 went for just over $50. Wolverine #1 and a couple old X-Men went for about $40. Not bad. I could have probably taken the time to sell them all through eBay, but you would have no idea how much work that really is. All that Half.com stuff, the website also owned by eBay, sold well for me, but putting them in mailers, and making it to the post office with a dozen or more things to mail takes a lot of time, especially with two kids to take care of.)

So we are really paring down to nothing. We are even going to be getting rid of all our bedding and just have new stuff shipped straight there.

We're ready to go.

No comments: