Friday, June 24, 2005

Fwd: You will be missed

--- Ryan wrote:

> Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 22:25:39 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Ryan
> Subject: You will be missed
> To: mjb0123@yahoo.com
>
> Dear Mr. Butcher,
>
> So the school year is over. It sure doesn't
> feel like it. It feels like it's just another
> Saturday tomorrow, and then a Sunday, and then back
> to school again on Monday. But it's not. It hasn't
> quite hit me yet, though I think it will sometime
> soon, or never. Well when or if it hits me is
> irrelevant, because summer has started whether I
> like it or not.
> Every year up until this year I've always
> looked forward to summer and enjoyed lazing around
> doing nearly nothing for 3 sunny and sometimes rainy
> months. But this year was much different; everything
> was lathered with emotions and complexity this year,
> from relationships to gpa's to deciding how to spend
> my free time when I got it. I wonder if this is what
> Freshman year is like for students up in Nome?
> This year wouldn't have been half as fun or
> easy without you and your wonderful way of teaching.
> Through the roiling sea of highschool, you and your
> class have remained the constant bright lighthouse
> that kept my vessel on course. Every class was
> always so much fun, it was always so hard to leave.
> I really looked forward to your class every day,
> more than you know I think. I mean seriously, I
> would wake up and think, "OH boy I can't wait for
> Mr. Butcher's class today!" yea kinda lame but
> that's what I did.
> Thanks a lot Mr. Butcher, it was you who really
> confirmed my feelings towards writing. I mean, I had
> always had a little knack for spelling in grade
> school, and I always preferred writing assignments
> and essays over anything else. But this year you
> really opened all the doors for me, and that helped
> me arrive at my decision. Not to mention you made
> writing seem like such fun! Man, I really did enjoy
> writing essays for you. The positive feedback was
> somethin' else, but I really did take pleasure in
> writing for you. I would follow the rubric you gave
> us, which helped fantastically, but at the same time
> I would try and write something that you would enjoy
> reading, it was an extraordinary amount of fun.
> Well I don't want to overwhelm you all at once,
> I've already commented 3 or 4 times on your blog..
> So I'll leave it at this.
>
> Your friend and student,
> Ryan Selberg
>
> Oh, btw. <-- That means By the way. I do consider
> you a good friend. I wish we could hang out or
> something, but you're like old and stuff. Maybe you
> could come over for dinner atleast once before you
> move? I think my parents would love to meet you. And
> I would certainly do a great deal to see you one
> more time. :-)
>
> Love, (heterosexually and in a friend way)
> Ryan
>
>


____________________________________________________
Yahoo! Sports
Rekindle the Rivalries. Sign up for Fantasy Football
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com

No comments: