Wednesday, June 15, 2005

For Sale

We are trying to save some final dollars before we go to Nome. It appears that my retirement funds are harder to get at than I thought. It's 60 days after my employer tells the retirement systems that I have left. That won't be until after my last paycheck, and that is not until July 31. So best-case scenario, I can't get those funds until well into September, and by then I will be teaching in Nome. We are probably going to have to leave the car behind until the thaw on the Bering Strait next May.

So I have been selling stuff, books, CDs, videos, like crazy through Half.com. (That's part of eBay). It is amazing what sells sometimes, and at what price. Sold an Elvis Costello greatest hits CD for five bucks. Sold a VHS of Star Wars Episode I for $1.00 (and I personally think they got ripped off by that movei, but that's not my decision). Have to sell the stuff. We are looking at our entertainment rack and thinking weight. Weight is the issue since we have to ship it all. Do I really need that VHS of the movie The Haunting? Have I listened to that fourth Pearl Jam CD in three years? No. So we are being practical.

We will be putting ads in the Nickel paper for the washer and dryer, my desk, and some other stuff. We have to eliminate anyway. Why not sell it?

No comments: