Sunday, June 26, 2005


Changes. a short essay by Io Blair-Freese One of my friends recently asked me the question over instant messenger, "This year has been a good social year for me. Don't you think?" Normally, people wouldn't ask me to answer things that didn't have to do with boys or drama, but it wasn't an odd question being that it was the last day of school and everyone was asking me those sorts of odd questions. In truth he had gained more friends, but I still didn't think that his social circle was anywhere near impressive. I agreed with him anyway and dimissed the action from the top of my head as quickly as it came. However, it soon returned. "Did I have a good social year? Did anything change for me at all?," I wondered. "I know that I look different. I cut my hair and dyed it a bunch of times." My quick response to the question didn't satisfy me, so I began to search throughout the year tucked into theback of my head and found the amazing things that had changed me. My self confidence level was the biggest change that I could find.
Grr. My last email wasn't complete. Well, after my mini-(not really an)essay I wanted to thank you because your class helped me immensely. Now I feel good acting and speaking up in class. Before I would brag about how confident I was, and over-exaggerate a bit, but now I've caught up with myself. That it partially in part to you. You brought out the best in all of your students and I can't remember any instant where I've heard a complaint about you. (That's a good thing because I don't know of another teacher who's had that yet.) You've become more of a friend and person than a teacher to me. Okay.. I better stop typing now before my mom notices that I've tearing up. Keep in touch, Ms. Blair-Freese (Io)
(This picture is because I wore this shirt that Karen Kinney gave me on the last day of school)

No comments: