Thursday, May 26, 2005

Those nice guys at Beckett Comics

I sent an email about the free Ronin comic on Free Comic Book Day to Beckett Comics.

Hi there--I picked up the Ronin comic because I absolutely loved Sleeping Beauty. I loved this one too. But did I understand right--the comic book is not continuing but going straight to graphic novel? Is that right? I really enjoyed the serialization of Sleeping Beauty. I would still get the graphic novel because now I'm hooked after the one issue. But future projects may not grab me at full graphic novel price, you know? Thanks for listening,
Matt B.

You know what? They wrote back!

Really appreciate your kind words on both Ronin Hood and Sleeping Beauty. We really appreciate your support. For Ronin Hood we felt that the story was served better by being told in one longer piece - after the tease issue of course. We have always done our best to allow readers to get a sense of our stories at a reasonable price before asking them to invest in a larger story. We will continue to do that in the future. I hope you agree that a free 22 page story isn't a bad (and very cheap) way to find out what the story is about. We do understand your point and appreciate your thoughts. gb

That's Gabriel Benson, manager of Beckett Comics. Isn't that cool?

No comments: