Saturday, May 28, 2005


Had some fun today since school was out. Today was saved for possible snow day but since we didn't use any snow days this year.... Went to Mt. Rainier. Morgan went camping with Amy's mother and Phil. They do it every year on Memorial Day weekend--go camping at Dosewallips Park here in Washington State. Amy, Madison and I were going to drive to Seattle and Pike Place Market just to hang around. Halfway there, Amy says, "I'm taking you to Mt. Rainier; you've never been there yet and you have to go before we leave."

What a great idea.

In the Seattle area today, the weather was hot and sunny. A record 89 degrees today, and hotter in outlying areas. So we went up above it all. The views were spectacular today. I've never been so up close to such a large mountain (at its peak, 14410 feet). I took some photos on a disposable camera we bought and will have those back soon. (We're still looking for a good deal on a digital camera, especially to document our great driving trip to Anchorage coming up soon.)

Madison was an angel today. It's so much fun to hear her go, "Wow." The only times she was a little troublesome was after stopping on the highway for some photos and getting back in the car. And I can't say I blamed her. I didn't want to get back in the car myself sometimes.

I'm so glad for Amy's suggestion. We saw fabulous closeups of the Mountain and other things, like waterfalls, and snow in late May. It was such a nice day.

I will pay for it tomorrow though. I still have to write my final paper for my Masters multicultural lit class. It's hard because there was hardly any prompt for this paper, just talk about the uses of multiculturalism in one of the stories for 1500 to 2000 words. No problem!

No comments: