Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Shakespeare Recitation II

Absolutely phenomenal! My third period honors class was enthusiastic about today and delivered their speeches with panache and gusto. Inflection, stress, pauses, nonverbal communication--it was all there. Even the meek students did an exemplary job. The last speaker of the period literally brought a tear to my eye. This was one of those periods where the class fed off each other's excitement and buoyed each other's spirits into giving it all they had.

And fourth period was great too. Those who gave their best effort put forth great performances. The greatest part was the surprises I received. Several students, who I inwardly thought might not give it their best, impressed the hell out of me.

What a great day! Now I know why I teach. It does work!!

Now all I have to do is work on bottling this.

1 comment:

Brian said...

I love those days as well, but I could use more of them these days...