Sunday, March 06, 2005

Letter to Wizard on Marvel's Ultimates

Ok, I have a question: Is Marvel going to far with their ULTIMATES line?
Interestingly, I recently found cheap copies of DC's Crisis on Infinite Earths from 1985, when they had to get rid of all those different parallel universes. I have been reading that and in conversations, I have noticed the same type of mess that needs fixing in Marvel.
I can't keep track between Ultimate X-Men and Uncanny X-Men. I hate these Earth-1/Earth-2 scenarios they have going on. Does anybody else feel this way?
I think Ultimates should only be one-shots, like DC's Elseworlds...

2 comments:

Brian said...

Umm, I gave up reading comic books long ago. When I became an adult, fool!

That's not exactly true. I buy the occasional X-Men comic every now and then, but I haven't bought any Ultimates. I'm too tradition-bound to Uncanny.

Matt Butcher said...

That's exactly what I mean...those that are reading comic books, according to magazines like Wizard are saying that Ultimates are better. But then the casual reader like you or me (I only have gotten the last five issues to see what they are like--I stopped at #301 and Uncanny is now at #460) cannot tell what is going on.