Monday, February 21, 2005

Old Friends

In a recent email to a newly discovered old friend, I thought about life. Wow. He asked for an update and it is amazing how years can be compressed into a few succint paragraphs.

Can you compress years into a few sentences? Is that what our lives boil down to?


My response to Brian:
Hey there!
An update proper? Man, how do you summarize your past six years of existence. Do you realize that it has been just about six years out here? I moved out in July 1999, same week the Mariners first started playing at Safeco Field (that's how I'll always remember it).
Everything here is proceeding great. Family is excellent. Amy and I just celebrated four years married and five years together in October. Morgan is ten almost eleven now in fourth grade. She is going out for about ten days in June to visit with my mom all by herself. Madison is 22 months old now. I tell you, whenever I look at her, I see the past and the future all at once. I look at Madison and say to myself, "She's my reason."
This is now my third full year teaching, my second in Bremerton School District. I am at what they call the Freshman Academy this year trying to teach English to ninth graders. Washington doesn't usually have ninth graders in the same building as 10-12. That's what I am going to start concentrating my Blog on are my adventures in teaching. I always thought of starting a book, a collection of little essays by teachers, and call it, "I have this one kid..." Ever notice how other teachers always start out that way?
I have to get some pictures up...I have to get this digital camera to work...
Madi just woke from her nap. I'm off today for President's Day so I have been fooling around too long on the computer.
Talk again REAL soon!
Matt---

No comments: